Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J: Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy J (Android 8.1 Oreo): Attention all the Galaxy J users reading this! The latest update for Lineage OS has come out and this update will be based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. I’m sure if you are a regular Android user, you would have come across the terms Lineage OS, custom ROMs, and rooting at some point. Lineage OS, the extension of CyanogenMod is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android market at the moment. The latest update of this popular line of custom ROMs has come out and we need to thank kyasu who was kind enough to share with us the unofficial build of this custom ROM. Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you how all the Galaxy J users will be able to easily install this custom ROM. Even though this update is out, it will come with a lot of bugs and fixes so it is recommended to wait for a few more days as the next update will come with fixes and optimizations.
Galaxy series is easily one of the most popular series of devices all over the world. Its Galaxy J comes with an impressive list of features and specifications which has made it such a popular device. It comes equipped with a 5.0-inch display screen with a full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Snapdragon MSM8974 2.3GHz Quad Core processor, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 2600mAh battery. It comes with Android 4.3 OS out of the box, and its other features include a 13.2 MP rear camera, a 2.1 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and more.
If you are a Galaxy J user who cannot wait for the new upcoming update and absolutely wants to install this update, then this post will be highly beneficial for you. Here, we will first be giving you all the important details regarding rooting, custom ROMs, and Lineage OS. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide which will help you install this new update within no time.
Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy J
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy J | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy J)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.