Download Android Oreo Rom For LG G3: The LG G3 makes landfall in the second quarter of 2014. LG G3 was preloaded with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) can be upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), as per LG policy all the devices will receive updates up to 2 years from the date of release. As it’s more than 3 years since LG G3 was released, it will not receive any more updates. Many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.0 Oreo via LineageOS 15 (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install Lineage OS 15 on LG G3.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.0 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous.Follow the guide below to Update LG G3 To Android 8.0 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.
What is the other thing that happens in parallel with the release of a new Android version is the development of the Custom OS which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version? After LineageOS 14.1 LineageOS team now released new version LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. LineageOS 15 loaded with all new Android 8.0 Oreo features which include a picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts and app notification badges. Follow the below guide to Install Lineage OS 15 on LG G3.
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this Lineage OS 15 ROM on LG G3 and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15 on LG G3.
Download Android Oreo Rom For LG G3
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 for LG G3
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo
How to install LineageOS 15 on LG G3
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.0 Based on Android Oreo 8.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.