Magisk is currently the only alternative to the chainfire’s SuperSu. Magisk is an alternative way to gain root access on your device. While it is true that it is nowhere near the comfort that SuperSu offers, it is in constant development. One of the major upsides of using Magisk instead of SuperSu is that it does not trip SafetyNet and you can continue to use Android Pay and stuff like that. With that said, this guide will help you How to Install Magisk on OnePlus 5.
How To Install Magisk on OnePlus 5
Before installing Magisk, you should know that TWRP is a must in order to get Magisk working on your system. And the only way to get TWRP is to unlock your OnePlus 5’s bootloader. So, we’ll go step by step.
- Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5 – How to Unlock Bootloader Oneplus 5
- Install TWRP in OnePlus 5 – Download and Install TWRP Recovery in Oneplus 5
How to Install Magisk On OnePlus 5
Follow the below steps carefully:
- First, you need two files in order to proceed with this tutorial. Download them below:
Latest Magisk > Download here. This is a .zip file.
- Copy both the files that you have downloaded above to your phone.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded .zip file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Reboot your device.
- Once your device has successfully rebooted, open a file manager of your choice and tap on the downloaded Magisk Manager APK file to install the same.
- Done! Now you have Magisk installed on your OnePlus 5!