Whenever Google launches its product or apps,There are always many features which are lacking in them.Who have purchased the Google Home are probably thought that the device can act as a Google Cast receiver, enabling you to choose your favorite songs on your android phon to begin playback on the Google Home. But one application has been missing support for casting to the Google Home, and it’s the official YouTube for Android .
Guys donot worry about it.Today in this article we will tell you the procedure to Cast ANY Video/Playlist from the YouTube App to your Google Home.
- AutoShare Beta
- AutoCast Beta
- Note that can dowwnload the above things from our download section
Guide to Cast ANY Video/Playlist from the YouTube App to your Google Home
This trick is very simple if you do it properly. Gammerson will be sending the YouTube video or playlist URL to the Google Home so it can independently handle playback on its own. To do this, we will take advantage of two different Tasker plug-ins: 1]AutoShare and2] AutoCast. AutoShare allows us to share the URL of the YouTube video/playlist from Android’s built-in share menu while AutoCast allows to cast that link to the Google Home via the Google Cast protocol so it can start playback on its ownThis the cleanest simplest option until google updates the youtube app to eable casting to the google home.So Lets start.
- First of fall setup both AutoShare and AutoCast.
- Then Open up AutoShare and make sure that AutoShare Command is checked underneath where it says “AutoShare Settings.”
- Then, tap on Manage Commands.
- After this You will now enter in the Commands creation screen.
- Up top, tap on the + icon to create a new command. Name it Cast to Home.
- It will now ask you to give the command an icon.
- Then,Use one of the “built-in” icons or pick whatever icon you like[it really doesn’t matter]
- Then, you have to Open AutoCast, click on Manage Cast Devices and press the ‘+’ icon to detect your Google Home devices. Add preferred devices in the list.
Note: In case the Google Home device doesn’t work, make sure that your device is on Beta version of Autocad as the stable Play Store version does not support Google Home.
So we will tell you the procedures of plugin the tasks.
- Open up Tasker and create a new Profile by tapping on the + icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on Event –> Plugin –> AutoShare then AutoShare again when it pops up. Tap on the pencil icon to bring up the AutoShare configuration.
- Under Command Filter select Cast to Home.
- Press on the checkmark icon and then tap the back arrow in the top left to exit the Profile configuration.
- Next, you will be asked to name a Task. You can choose to name it or not, it doesn’t matter.
- Tap on the checkmark to enter the Task creation screen.
- In the bottom middle of the screen, tap on the + icon once again to create a new Action for this Task.
- Click on Plugin –> AutoCast –> AutoCast Best Guess. Tap on the pencil icon to open AutoCast’s configuration screen.
- Under Cast Device select your Google Home device of choice. For the Value to cast type %astext.
- This variable will contain the URL we will be sharing from YouTube to the Google Home.
- Tap on the checkmark up top to finish editing this Action and back out all the way to Tasker’s main screen.Enjoy!!!
- If you still have any questions in your mind,feel free to ask via comment section