run Android lollipop 5.1.1 on Zenfone 2. AS it is the First release and
it me not much stable but you can try it and Comment the bugs below.Thanks to Xda dev crpalmer for making Cm12.1 for Zenfone 2.
Cyanogenmod CM12.1 Working on Asus Zenfone 2.Just Download Cm12.1 Rom for Asus Zenfone 2
And Simply Flash It and enjoy.
For flashing Cm12.1 in you Zenfone 2 you just need to install any custom rom in it say TWRP or CWM.And then Flash this Cm12.1 rom for Zenfone 2.
#Download Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 For Zenfone 2
Note:Download the latest nightly from below link by seeing the date on the download link.
#Instructions of Flashing Cm12.1 in Zenfone 2
1.First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
2.Download the zip(s).
3.Install a compatible Recovery
4.Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
5.Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
6.Flash CyanogenMod 12.1 for Zenfone 2.
7.Download &Install the Google Apps package for android lollipop 5.1.1.
8.Done!Now enjoy Andorid lollipop 5.1.1 in Asus Zenfone 2.
#Bugs in CM12.1 of Asus Zenfone 2
- Auto-brightness sometimes goes completely black
- Boot hangs sometimes (mediaserver seems to go crazy)
- Button backlight should be removed
- camera is mostly working except:
- crashes when switching between cameras
- video camera hangs during first boot (?)
- video recording audio volume is too low
- chrome (beta onlty?) rotating the display to landscape shows a blank screen
- gapps crashes on first boot (clean install)
- Hardware-backed keystore
- offmode charging (USB Charge Only Mode): Can’t get out of it
- selinux enforcing mode
- sim card not detected on first boot (clean install)
- USB UMS (Mass Storage)
- VP8 codec
Cm12.1 for Asus zenfone 2
flash Cm12.1 in Asus Zenfone 2