How to Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Asus has finally come up with an awesome device after a long time. This time they have done a great job. The latest Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with a stock skin running Android Oreo instead of Asus’s ZenUI. The device has become very popular among the buyers as well as the developer. Last week the device’s bootloader unlock guide was posted on Xda. Unlocking the bootloader on Android plays the most important role in rooting.
Now the device has received a working TWRP recovery file, which means users can gain root access on their Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 by flashing SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP recovery. This is really a great news for power users like us. If you are interested, then follow the guide to Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. It is powered by octa-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 2000GB via a microSD card). The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 sports a 13-megapixel primary and an 8-megapixel front camera on the rear and front side respectively. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a 5000mAh battery.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Download Google ADB and FastBoot for PC (Windows, MAC, Linux)
How to Install TWRP and Root Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the twrp-3.2.1-1-20180512-X00TD.img and transfer it to the Fastboot folder (Pre-requirement section)
- Download the latest ‘decrypt.zip‘ and ‘Magisk-v16.4.zip‘ files.
- Move these two files to your device’s internal memory.
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.