Download Redmi Note 5 Oreo update: Android 8.1 update for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5 Plus is already available for your download and ROM installation exercise. Xiaomi is yet to roll out the Android 8.1 Oreo OTA officially, but people have been able to grab the OTA already.
Given that we saw Xiaomi release newer Android 7.1.1 build — 8.4.19, no less, which is Android 8.1 build, too — we think there were two builds available already within Xiaomi, which is why it’s been now leaked.
It seems to be a developer build, BTW, in a sense that you need a developer account with Xiaomi to be able to install this using the Updater app.
Anyway, in case you were wondering about its performance, well, the leaked Android 8.1 update is said to be working alright. But in case you have a problem with network, you only need to install the modem (download provided below) manually to fix it in a blink of an eye.
So, without further ado, here’s how you can install the Android 8.1 Oreo update on your Redmi Note 5 right away. Of course, it’s for Redmi 5 Plus too.
Download Redmi Note 5 Oreo update
- System update
- Download link
- Filename: miui_HM5PlusGlobal_8.4.19_14f75923f7_8.1.zip
- Recovery update (required TWRP recovery)
- Download link
- Filename: miui_HM5PlusGlobal_8.4.19_8.1_.zip
How to install Android 8.1 on Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5 Plus
- Install the TWRP recovery on your Redmi 5 Plus or Redmi Note 5 if you haven’t already.
- Download the Recovery update file and lazy flasher file.
- Create a backup as everything on the device will be deleted.
- Reboot to TWRP recovery.
(Launch the Updater app on your phone and then click on the ‘…’ icon in the top right corner. Now select the Reboot to Recovery mode.)
- Tap on Wipe and then select System, cache, Dalvik cache, and data. Swipe to confirm.
- Now, connect the device to your PC using USB cable.
- Transfer the ROM file (recovery update file, not system update one) to the Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus). Also, transfer the Lazy flasher file to the device.
- Install the Android 8.1 update. ON TWRP’s home screen, tap on Install, and then select the recovery update ROM file. Swipe to confirm and install the Android 8.1 build.
- Also, install the lazy flasher file the same way.
- Restart the device by tapping on ‘reboot system’ button.