This device was launched on 2017 June, Sony Xperia XZ Premium has everything you want when you are paying for an expensive smartphone. With its 4K display and slow-motion camera, Sony Xperia XZ Premium wins the place. Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the genuine flagship smartphone. It is loaded with Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box. So let’s get started to Download and Install LineageOS 15 in Xperia XZ Premium.
Like Sony’s previous flagship Sony Z5 Premium, there is 5.5-inch 4K resolution display and Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage. But Sony really wants to make the camera better, the headline says 960fps slow-motion capabilities for dramatic videos. As Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the latest flagship from Sony, it is expected that it will soon receive Android 8.0 Oreo update. BUT, many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.0 Oero via LineageOS 15 (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install LineageOS 15 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you want to test this Lineage OS 15 ROM on Sony Xperia XZ Premium and taste the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
Download and Install LineageOS 15 in Xperia XZ Premium
- Download LineageOS 15.0 for Sony Xperia XZ Premium (Coming soon)
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo
How to install LineageOS 15 on Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.0 Based on Android Oreo 8.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.