Here is the latest build of AOSP custom firmware. This firmware is based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat mobile OS by Google. This firmware is very close to AOSP build of the same OS so that you’ll get the best, fast and core Android experience. If interested in 7.1.1 for other tablets, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Nexus 7 to nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by ASUS, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like TWRP in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your tablet. Also make sure, your warranty will be voided when you install this custom ROM. So lets get started to Download nAOSP Nougat Rom for Nexus 7 2012.
Download nAOSP Nougat Rom for Nexus 7 2012
Features of nAOSP rom for Nexus 7 2012
- F2FS support
- Substratum OMS support
- Integrated superuser (can be overridden with SuperSU)
- Backuptool support – /system/addon.d scripts are executed when dirty flashing so opengapps doesn’t need to be reflashed every time when upgrading rom
- Reboot menu
- Additional Quick Settings tiles (ADB over WiFi, Caffeine, Immersive mode)
- SystemUI tweaks – QS pull with one finger, double tap to sleep on status bar
- Navbar Tuner
- Pixel like theme and launcher, from nAOSProm-7.1.1
Download ASUS Nexus 7 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android tablet with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for ASUS Nexus 7 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download nAOSP Rom & GApps
HOW TO: Install nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat on ASUS Nexus 7
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware on Nexus 7. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Nexus 7, then this should not be any different for you.
- Download nAOSP 7.1.1 ROM and Google Apps for Nexus 7 to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 7 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded 7.1.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”
- Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the 7.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu
- Your Nexus 7 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Nexus 7 should now have nAOSP 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM installed on your tablet! Go to Settings > About tablet to verify. So thats it for nAOSP Nougat Rom for Nexus 7 guys we hope you liked this article. If you need any help just comment below.