Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S8.Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone was launched in March 2017. The phone comes with infinity display with a 2K resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is powered by exynos 8895 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy S8 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.Samsung Galaxy S8 runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3000mAh non removable battery. It measures 151.35 x 75.35 x 7.85 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 163.00 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy S8is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Prerequisites to Install Custom Roms for Samsung Galaxy S8
- Make sure that your device is rooted and having Custom Recovery Installed.
- Backup contacts, Messages and all important data as you may loss the data on your device during the process.
- Make sure that you have backed the Stock ROM before flashing any Custom ROM onto your device.
- Create Nandroid backup
- Last but not the least ensure that your device has enough battery.
Nemesis ROM for Galaxy S8
Such is the case of the custom ROM Nemesis , which is committed to simplicity and speed. Based on Android 7.0 Nougat, the firmware has been de- decimated to 90% and includes root via Magisk . In the same way, it adds a multitude of optimizations, either through changes in the build.prop file or through the sum of additional applications and tools like applock and the possibility of recording telephone calls.
The kernel has also been optimized with slight tweaks to improve, among other things, the operation of frequency scaling of the processor at rest.
How to Install Nemesis ROM in Samsung Galaxy S8
1.Download the latest build.
3.Take a nandroid backup.[Recommended not mandatory]
4.Full wipe & factory reset[Rcommended]
5.Flash rom using latest TWRP recovery
BatStock ROM for Galaxy S8
Another custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8 that is available is the BatStock ROM . As its name indicates, it is based on the last official ROM and includes the April security patch , although with additions that make it more than interesting. These include Magisk v12 and Aroma Instaler . Also, we find many other tweaks like the possibility to disable the automatic encryption or emoji of iOS 10 .
Another detail to take into account is the integration of the patch recently released by Samsung to correct the red tint that is shown on some screens of the smartphone.Downloads:
V1.1.1 available on AndroidFileHost
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the Rom File for your Device and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- Done Enjoy!
Project Alice for the Galaxy S8
The third of the alternatives comes from the development of Project Alice , another custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8. In this case, the compilation has sought to eliminate dispensable services and maximize the fluidity of the system . Among the additions we have to mention the possibility to carry out the installation of OTA updates of the ROM itself , as well as the sum of tools as essential as magisk. In this case, the firmware is compatible with both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Samsung Galaxy S8 +. You have all the details of Project Alice in this link
Renovate Ice for Galaxy S8
The fourth, and perhaps most prominent, custom ROM for the Galaxy S8 is Renovate Ice . The same part as a firmware that includes elements like Aroma Installer , which offers the possibility to remove all the additional software of Samsung during the process of installation of the ROM.
Among the included tweaks , Renovate Ice focuses on the optimization of autonomy , although we also find a control center for additional settings, as well as settings for the notification LED and a tool to record what happens on the smartphone screen . You can know the other implementations of this ROM customized for the Samsung Galaxy S8 from this link .
If still any queries left in your mind,feel free to ask via comment section.