The LG G6 sports a 13-megaapixel rear camera with PDAF (phase detection autofocus), an f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone LED flash. The 5-megapixel front camera sports an 84-degree wide angle lens.It comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.It comes with 3300 mAh battery capacity which can last for a day with mixed usage.You can expand its memory upto 64GB via a micro SD-Card.So in this article,we will guide you to explain the process of installing a custom ROM inLG G6.
- 1 Best Custom ROM for LG G6
- 2 1.CyanogenMod 14.1
- 3 How to install Cyanogenmod 14 rom on LG G 6
- 4 2.Paranoid Android
- 5 How to install Paranoid Android on LG G 6
- 6 3.Resurrection Remix
- 7 How to install Resurrection Remix on LG G6
- 8 4.AOSP ROM
- 9 How to install AOSP ROM on LG G6
- 10 5.Lineage OS
- 11 How to install Lineageos on LG G6
Prerequisites to Install Custom Roms for LG G6
- Make sure that you are trying this on LG G6.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and having Custom Recovery Installed.
- Backup contacts, Messages and all important data as you may loss the data on your device during the process.
- Make sure that you have backed the Stock ROM before flashing any Custom ROM onto your device.
- Create Nandroid backup
- Last but not the least ensure that your device has enough battery
Best Custom ROM for LG G6
- Cyanogenmod 14.1
- Paranoid Android rom
- Resurrection Remix
- AOSP Rom
- Lineage OS Rom
About the ROM-CynaogenMod has grown a lot since its launch and it’s now a full fledged company,which also offers Cyanogen OS .CyanogenMod’s popularity in the world is no surprise because it packs a lot of unique feature like the integrated theme engine, custom profiles, gestures and the ability to customize.You can configure the everything. working of the navigation bar, status bar, notification drawer and hardware buttons. Moreover, the ROM is regularly updated and supports most of the devices available on the market.If you really want to use this amazing ROM,then just go ahead.
How to install Cyanogenmod 14 rom on LG G 6
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the Rom File for your Device and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- Done Enjoy!
About the ROM-Paranoid Android is another very popular ROM.It is giving a tough competition to CyanogenMod.This ROM has a beautiful interface and you can customize everything the way you want. There are a number of cool unique features like hover notifications, cool immersive mode (hides the status and navigation bars), dynamic system bars, peek notifications from lockscreen and ability to use gestures instead of the navigation buttons and many more unique features. Furthermore, it packs in Cyanogen’s theme engine along with various other customization features. If you really want to use this ROM,then just go ahead.
The install process will be like any other ROM. Flash the ROM and Gapps through your custom recovery.
How to install Paranoid Android on LG G 6
- From official web page of ParanoidAndroid, or from any other source you want, download the compatible update file for Redmi Note 4.
- Google Apps package might not be included on the update file. So, the best will be to download the mentioned package too.
- You have to save these files on your computer first. You should place them on desktop and you shouldn’t unzip the files.
4.Now, connect your phone / tablet with your computer; do so by plugging in the USB cable.
- Up next, take the downloaded files from your computer and place them on your device.
6.Of course, in the end, unplug the USB cord.
- Turn off your phone and enter recovery mod
8.Use recovery menu and select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Then choose “wipe cache partition”. Next, choose “advanced” and pick “wipe dalvik cache”.
10.From main menu of recovery now select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
11.Select the ParanoidAndroid update package and install the custom ROM on your Android device.
- If you want, flash Google Apps by following the same step.
13.If you are done, go towards main menu of recovery and from there choose “reboot system now”.
Download Link- http://get.aospa.co/
About the ROM-Next in the line is RR ROM.The RR is only ROM till now available in the market that has Bulk of features to make your device feel like your own.Every feature you have seen in any other ROM like LineageOS or TugaPower etc.,is present in this ROM as well as some of authentic ideas have also been added.If you are really in interested in this type of ROM then go ahead.
How to install Resurrection Remix on LG G6
1.Download the latest build.
3.Take a nandroid backup.[Recommended not mandatory]
4.Full wipe & factory reset[Rcommended]
5.Flash rom using latest TWRP recovery
Download Links- http://www.resurrectionremix.com/
About the ROM-These is the Best ROM available right now in the market.It has brilliant features in it.It has a feature which allows user full access to their theme customization including NavBars, Status Bars, etc.The another feature which has made this rome everyone’s favorite is that it comes with preloaded Viper4Android FX which is the best tool available in thme market for sound customization.It is even better than the Dolby Atoms.This ROM is totally stable and runs everything in a smooth manner without any delay in 2D displays or lags.This ROM will sure provide you a great overall experience
How to install AOSP ROM on LG G6
1.Download Latest build.
- Download Gapps.
3.Take a nandroid backup[Recommended not mandatory].
4.Full wipe and factory reset[Recommended].
5.Flash rom using latest TWRP recovery.
About the ROM- This ROM is so popular for its Simplicity. The curiosity of people after the death of Cyanogen Mod has led to the growth of the LineageOS.Yes,this is the follower of the CyanogenMod ROM.If you are interested to know how this ROM is different than CM ROM then Go ahead.
How to install Lineageos on LG G6
1.-Download and transfer the Lineageos ROM and Gapps for you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
2.Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3.Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
4.Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage os ROM .zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
5.After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
6.Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
7.Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.