OnePlus has announced they are starting to roll out a new OTA update to the OnePlus 2. This new update will bring your device up to version 3.5.5 of OxygenOS, and it comes with a lot of new features and changes. The company warns users that updating to 3.5.5 can cause issues with things like WiFi and network connectivity, as well as the fingerprint sensor if the person tries to downgrade back to version 3.1.0.
How to get it
It is possible to downgrade to 3.1.0 without issue, but you’ll need to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool. Doing this will wipe all of the data from your phone. The main changes with this update are the new features that OnePlus has added. We’re told that this update enables VoLTE functionality for select carriers but doesn’t go into detail about which carriers and that it also comes with an App Lock feature.
What’s new in OxygenOS 3.5.5
They’ve added a Battery Saving Mode, a Gaming Mode, and put in some new options for the Alert Slider within the settings. The update comes with a redesigned volume adjustment bar, adds in some optimizations for their Shelf feature, and comes with an updated user interface for the clock application. We’re also told that the Clock, Calculator, and Messages applications will be replaced with stock OnePlus apps unless you have updated the corresponding Google apps.
Using google apps
If this is the case for you, and you want to continue using Google’s apps, then you can download them from the Play Store. This new OTA update brings new UI changes to OxygenOS as a whole, they’ve increased the stability, fixed a number of bugs, and included December’s security patches too. OnePlus also warns that this update will reset “many” of the phone’s settings (like device name, ring tones, accent colors, etc).
A few things to keep in mind before you start the downgrade process:
- This downgrade process will erase all data from your phone, please perform a full backup of your data before you start downgrading.
- Please ensure the device has enough power or charged in before downgrading.
- Basic functions will be affected if you skip step 3 and perform step 7 immediately.
steps to install OxygenOS 3.5.5 on Oneplus 2
1) Download 3.1.1 Intermittent Version and 3.1.0 Stable Version and copy them onto the phone’s directory. (Example: Storage/Internal Storage/Download)
2) Power off your phone and enter Recovery Mode by pressing the Power and Volume – button together for 3 seconds.
3) Choose English > Install from local > Choose OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_021_all_1610121102_wipe_9505656273ba4203.zip from the phone’s directory.(Example: Storage/Internal Storage/Download)
4) Wait for the flashing process to complete. Do not cut off power and do not interrupt until the process is completed.
5) After the flashing, choose “Reboot” and device will restart.
6) Repeat Step 2
7) Choose English > Install from local > Choose OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_020_all_1608262242_44a55e674a2b4bf6.zip from the phone’s directory. (Example: Storage/Internal Storage/Download)
8) After the flashing, choose “Reboot” and device will be downgraded to 3.1.0.