#Types of Malware
1. Trojan Horse – Trojan virus or Trojan horse is one of the most common types of malware, Trojan virus is mostly used to control the victims computer rather than infecting or destroying files on victims computer. A Trojan horse once installed into victims computer can give a hacker complete access to your computer. Trojans are one of the most dangerous forms of malware.
2. Computer Viruses – A computer virus a malicious program which is mostly developed to infect a computer, once it infects a computer it replicates or reproduces itself. A virus is just like a parasite and it needs another host to attach to in order to infect a computer
3. Worms – Worms are almost similar to computer viruses
the only difference unlike computer viruses they do not require another host to attach to in order to infect a computer. Once a worm infects a computer it replicates itself. Computer worms are major threats to large networks.
4. Keyloggers – A Keylogger is a hardware or software device which monitors every keystroke, screen shots, chats etc typed on thecomputer. A keylogger program does not require physical access to the user’s computer. Any person with a basic knowledge of computer can use keylogger
5. RATS – RAT is the short of “Remote Administration Tool” and is indeed one of the most dangerous types of malware. It’s very similar to a Trojan. Once a RAT is installed in a computer the attacker can do almost anything on the remote computer such as installing a keylogger, shutting down a computer, infecting files etc.
6. Adware – Adware is the short form of Advertisement-supported software. Adware’s are commonly designed to display advertisements on your computers. However some of these adwares may contain harmful viruses and spying programs which can bring your computer system to knees.
So these are the most common types of malware,
1. Hardware Keylogger
2. Software Keylogger
A hardware keylogger is also used for keystroke logging, a hardware keylogger is plugged between the keyboard plug and the USB or PS/2 port socket, and they work with PS/2 keyboards and also usb keyboards,
A hardware keylogger is just like a normal USB drive or any other computer peripheral so that the victims can never doubt that it is a keylogger, Hardware keylogger has any inbuilt memory which stores the typed keystrokes.
Keycobra – Best Hardware Keylogger Now you might be wondering where you can find a hardware keylogger, well there are lots of hardware keyloggers available now a days but I would recommend you to use keycobra
Keycobra is one of my favorite hardware keyloggers as it offers more large amount of storage, Keycoabra keystroke recorder comes in a standard version – 4MB memory capacity, 2,000,000 keystrokes (over 1,000 pages of text), and a Venom version 2 billion keystrokes (over 1 million pages of text), organized into an advanced flash FAT file system. It is compatible with all three operating systems windows,linux and Mac OS, Here are some features of hardware keylogger due to
which keycobra is one of the most popular hardware keyloggers around.