HTC Sense Home for M8 7.1.1 ROMs. For those who may love BLINKFEED and Sense home launcher & apps. Here I’m sharing my views on 7.1.1 Nougat ROM…. Sense Home Hybrid Maybe some will like them as I do.
Preknowledge & Requirements:
These are the main things you have to remember
1. M8 running a 7.1.1 ROMs such as crDroid, Cypher OS, Resurrection Remix, Lineage OS, Slim7 etc.
2. These will only run on HTC M8 and some HTC devices but it will never work on non-HTC devices.
1. There will be no 4×2 Sense Home widget.
2. When you click on 4×1 weather clock widget on Home Screen, it opens browser, 4×1 weather clock on blinkfeed, 4×2 weather clock widget and the rest open weather forecast app as usual.
3. There is one more bug that there is darker bar on the navigation bar as the framework for each need some edit.
How to Install CrDroid ROM on HTC M8
Step 1: Connect your HTC One M8 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step-3: Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step-4: Boot your device in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
Step 5: Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step-6: Type the following string into the window:
· fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
· Fastboot reboot – press Enter again.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
Step 8: Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step-9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate crDroid custom ROM file and confirm the flashing process.
Step-11: Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
1.Sense Home main base
This include all the necessary files such as HTC service pack, Weather, World Clock, Clock, widgets and etc.
Note- As a good habit- make a nandroid backup before installing