FireStick comes packed with a physical remote. Yet, the Amazon Fire TV Remote app could come handy in more than one ways. Firstly, I could use it as a backup remote. The physical remote quickly drains out the batteries. If I don’t have spare batteries, I can resort to the Remote app. Secondly, the app lets you use the keypad of your smartphone or tablet to type in on the FireStick device. This makes typing easy, especially when I use it with Jailbroken Fire Stick. I don’t have to worry about navigating to each character and clicking it separately on the on-screen keyboard of FireStick. In this article, we will learn to install and use the Amazon Fire TV Remote app. so lets get started to How to install amazon fire tv remote app.
How to install amazon fire tv remote app
FireStick remote app is available on iOS and Android through the official app stores. The app works on a wide range of devices including latest iPhones, iPads, flagship Android phones, and more.
Here is how you can get it:
- Open the app store of the mobile platform you are using (Apple’s App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android)
- Select the search function and type in: Amazon Fire TV Remote App. You probably wouldn’t have to type the entire keyword. You might just as well look up with ‘Fire TV app’
- Download and install the app following the on-screen instructions
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH THE FIRE TV APP
- It doesn’t take a whole lot to understand how the Fire TV Remote app works. But, it took me a little while to figure it out. If you know a thing or two beforehand, you will spare yourself the minor hassle I experienced and save some time as well.
- The first thing you want to ascertain is that both the device on which you have installed the Remote app and FireStick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Here is what you need to do.
- Sign in to the FireStick app using the same Amazon account as your FireStick device: Yes, to pair the app with FireStick, both must be signed in with the same Amazon account. When you run the app for the first time, tap the ‘Sign in’ option on the home-screen and enter your Amazon account login credentials.
- I use multiple Amazon accounts and forgot which one I had used to sign in to FireStick. If that’s where you stuck too, you could easily find out which Amazon account are you using with the device. All you need to do is go to Settings on your FireStick home screen and then open ‘My Account’. Here, you will find your Amazon account details.
Pair the Remote App with FireStick: Once you are signed into the app with the same Amazon account as FireStick and both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi, the app will detect FireStick and show it on its homescreen.
- The app will also automatically pair itself with FireStick. You might feel a brief vibration when the pairing is established. In case pairing doesn’t happen automatically, simply tap your FireStick name on the app screen.
HOW TO USE THE FIRE TV REMOTE APP
(How to install amazon fire tv remote app)
- The Remote app is a lot like your physical remote but with some added features. The bottom portion of the app layout is the same as the physical remote with 6 buttons.
- The navigation buttons and the Select button on the physical remote, however, have been replaced by a touchpad like interface on the Fire TV Remote app. To navigate, swipe your fingers across the touchpad from left to right (or right to left) and top to bottom (or bottom to top). Tap the touchpad once to open the select item.
- The best thing about the remote app is that it lets you type into your Fire TV/FireStick directly from your mobile. This makes typing a lot easier, especially when you have long URLs or texts to enter. To bring up the mobile keypad, tap the ‘keyboard’ icon on the top right of the app interface.