Download and Install Android Oreo 8.1 on Razer Phone: Razer Phone is one of the high-end gaming devices making company. Last year in November 2017 company launched this device with android Nougat 7.1.1 and on 16th of April company announced that Android Oreo 8.1 is releasing in 10 days on their Twitter account. You might not know that Razer acquired the quite known company named as Nextbit. Now you guys should be happy because Razer Phone is receiving official Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview build so, you won’t be able to get any OTA update in this Beta ROM. If you wanna taste out this ROM’s smoothness and android oreo features then you can go with this guide.
Official Android Oreo 8.1 on Razer Phone
Razer Phone the gaming device comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1 but upgradable to Android Oreo 8.1 and powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-core Adreno 540. There is only one variant which is 64 GB of ROM and 8 GB of RAM. This device has a very positive review or impact on the market because it has all the latest and necessary things which a device should have. All the sensors presented over there with the fingerprint sensor. For more info go there>> GSm Arena
This Android Oreo 8.1 has all the latest Android features with the latest security patch. It has PiP mode, New skin, new notification panel, categorization etc. Follow this guide to get Android Oreo 8.1 on the Razer phone.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Android O 8.1 update
- Nova Launcher update
- Other bug fixes and system improvements.
Download Android Oreo 8.1 on Razer Phone
Before Starting: Prerequisites
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.Also, take a nandroid backup before installing
Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
Steps to install Official Android 8.1 Oreo update on Razer Phone
- Download the OTA update zip file from the Download section above and move the zip file to ADB and Fastboot installation folder.
- After this, right-click in the ADB folder to open a command prompt window.
- Now, switch off your Razer Phone, hold the volume up key and connect it to the PC via a USB cable to boot into the stock recovery of your device
- Now, scroll using volume keys and highlight the “Apply update from ADB” option from recovery and select the option using the Power button.
- After this, enter the following command in the command prompt window on your PC
adb sideload c4337e944cfacaff9033adf518ef08148f0b4477.zip
- Now, wait for the sideload process to finish and select ‘Reboot system now’ option inside the recovery.
- Once the Razer Phone is rebooted, your OTA will be installed and
- Congratulations!! you are on android Oreo 8.1 latest firmware
You may also like this:
If you find any problem while doing this guide/process you can ask us the in comment section and we will try to answer your question in next 24 hours. 🙂