Download LineageOS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Samsung has been very consistent in pushing out the latest security patch and major updates to its devices.Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge will also get Android 8.0 Oreo update but it will take few months to get the official release for these two devices.But thanks to Custom ROMs like Lineage OS, users can now enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo which is the latest from Google on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Samsung Galaxy devices mainly the international carrier unlocked versions are very developer friendly.There are loads of Custom ROMs and kernel made available for these devices.Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are no different.Both these devices have received unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 previously and now these two have received the unofficial Lineage Os 15.1 which is just an awesome news.
Here we would like to thank Ivan_Meler, Senior Member of Xda for developing the unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos) codenamed “herolte” and for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos) codenamed “hero2lte”.
If you are a Galaxy S7/S7 Edge user and are interested in this new update, you can easily download and install it. All that you need to do is fulfil some prerequisites, complete few downloads, and then follow the guide mentioned below.Once the ROM is available we will update the post with active link and you can then download Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
The Lineage OS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM. Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.1 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization. Follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Download LineageOS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 (Exynos | herolte) > Google Drive | Mega.nz
- Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos | hero2lte) > Google Drive | Mega.nz
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo (If you want root access)
How To Install LineageOS 15.1 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
So Enjoy the LineageOS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. If you have any questions just comment below and we will reply you soon.