Download LineageOS 15.1 For Mi 5s Android Oreo 8.1: Mi 5s was launched in 2016, September. Mi 5s comes with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box which is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat. It is packed with the 5.15-inch display, 12MP Primary camera, and 4MP front-facing camera powered by Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor with 4GB of RAM and 3200 mAh battery.
Recently Google released Android 8.1 Oreo for Nexus and Pixel devices. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. After the huge hit of LineageOS 14.1, LineageOS team started building new Custom OS LineageOS 15.1. LineageOS 15.1 is packed with all new features of Android 8.1 Oreo.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.1 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous. Follow the guide below to Update Mi 5s to Android 8.1 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.1
As this is the initial stage of development, the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this LineageOS 15.1 on Mi 5s and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Mi 5s.
The LineageOS is the new form of CyanogenMod which was the most used and Popular Android Custom ROM. LineageOS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo Source Code and Comes with all the Android 8.1 Oreo features like Picture in Picture mode, split-screen mode and better battery optimization.
- Camera ( Videos And Photos )
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working:
- SELinux is permissive
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked, and your device is rooted, and you have a custom recovery installed.
Download LineageOS 15.1 For Mi 5s
- Download LineageOS 15.1 for Mi 5s (Credit: LuK1337, XDA Development Page)
- Download Official GApps For LineageOS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v15.x supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
Steps to install LineageOS 15.1 on Mi 5s | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into LineageOS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.