Now you can upgrade your LG Nexus 4 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware. Thanks to the open-source nature of Android there are many awesome developers in the market who build fast and reliable custom ROMs based on latest Android OS for older devices. XOSP custom firmware is one of them. Today we will guide you How to Install XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on LG Nexus 4. XOSP stands for Xperia Open Source Project, which means by install this custom ROM on LG Nexus 4 you will literally turn your LG into Xperia Z5. The custom ROM has many features of flagship Xperia Z5. This ROM is loaded with built-in apps of Xperia Z5 like Music, Camera, Videos, Snap Camera, ViPER Audio Engine, Xperia Z5 sounds, Xperia Z5 Custom Wallpapers and even includes Xperia Themes too. Also Read Download Slim7 Rom for OnePlus 5 Android Nougat 7.1.2 So now lets gets started to Download Android 7.1.2 Custom Rom for LG Nexus 4.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download LG Nexus 4 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Download Android 7.1.2 Custom Rom for LG Nexus 4
How to Install XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on LG Nexus 4
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for Nexus 4 on your computer from the download links given above.
- Connect your Nexus 4 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons until you see the Samsung screen. Release the Power button but continue to press Home and Volume Up until you are brought to the stock recovery mode
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
So that’s it for Android 7.1.2 Custom Rom for LG Nexus 4 if you need any help regarding this article just comment below.