Many users want to root their device for getting more from it.There are many advantages of rooting your device as it allows you to install a custom ROM on your device or you can block ads of any apps or you can keep latest android version and so on.
The process of installing TWRP and rooting are pretty simple and once the TWRP is installed, you will be able to get root access on your Xperia XZ by flashing few specific zip files.You will be needed to download and install few things first to be able to carry out the installation process.So first of all,we will tell you about the specs of the device.
Gammerson.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk
- This method is only for the Sony Experia XZ.Donot try it on any other device.
- It is advisable to take a backup of your device before proceeding further.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 70-80% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Steps to Install TWRP in Xperia XZ
- Download the TWRP.img from download section and transfer it in your PC and save it in the folder where ADB is placed. (rename the file twrp.img for ease)
- Again enter your device in fastboot mode with the help of key combination and open cmd prompt.
- In command prompt enter code fastboot devices and hit enter
- Now flash twrp.img by using fastboot command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now reboot the device with command fastboot reboot
- TWRP is installed in your device.
- Enter in recovery mode for first time before you flash a custom ROM. (Do not flash any ROM for first time recovery reboot)
Steps to Root Xperia XZ
- Download SuperSU.zip from our dwonload section in internal storage of your device.
- Reboot in Recovery mode of your device. (Turn off the device and press power key & volume down key simultaneoulsy, release power key and wait for the phone to enter in recovery mode)
- In recovery mode tap on Install option, naviagate through the folder and look for the SuperSU-v2.67.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm flash
- Reboot your device and check for root access.