Today ,In this article we will tell you the official method of unlocking bootloader of Honor 6X.
The Honor 6X sports a 12+2 megapixel dual rear camera with PDAF (phase detection autofocus), an f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone LED flash. The 8-megapixel front camera sports an 84-degree wide angle lens.It comes with Kirin 655 processor which gives good performance.It comes with 3340 mAh battery capacity which can last for a day.The smartphone supports expandable storage via microSD card up to 256Gb.
Gammerson.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk
Instructions To Unlock Honor 6X Bootloader
- This guide is only for Honor 6X devices.Donot try it on any other device
- It is advisable to take a backup of your device before proceeding further
- Make sure that your device percentage will be more than 70%
» Retrieve Unlock Code/Key
Unlike Nexus devices that use a simple universal command for bootloader unlocking, Huawei smartphones require a special code/key which is specific to your device. This is where the company helps us. In order to get this key, you must have a registered account with Huawei.
Visit the Official Unlock Website and log in with your registered account (If the website doesn’t work for you, or enters a loop, kindly try a different browser). Read the “Unlocking agreement”, scroll down the page and tick the “I have read and accept all terms above” box, finally click on “Next”.
Once you have agreed to the agreement, a form will be displayed. In the first two dropdown selections, select “Before EMUI5.0” and “Smartphone” respectively. Now, fill in the following details as they are required.
- Product Model: Could be found on the phone box.
- Product Serial number & IMEI: Could be found in Settings > About > Status.
- Product ID: Open dialer and enter “*#*#1357946#*#*” to find out the product ID.
Finally, click on “Commit”. Your device specific unlock code will be displayed on the screen. Copy it to a safe location for further use.
» Unlock Honor 6X Bootloader
Now on your phone, go to Settings > Developer options. Check “Enable OEM unlock” and enable “USB debugging” on your Honor 6X Also, make sure that you have installed Android SDK on your PC. Or, you can simply download the platform tools separately
- Connect your 6X to the PC using USB cable.
- Open a command prompt/CMD window on your PC and reboot your phone into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, enter the unlock command:
fastboot oem unlock <unlock-code>
Replace <unlock-code> with your own code. Example:
fastboot oem unlock 5822667581244265
- As soon as you hit the command, your device will prompt for confirmation. Accept it to finish the unlock procedure.
- Finally, reboot your phone back to the OS and set it up. To do this, enter the command:
Great! You now have your Honor 6X with an unlocked bootloader. You can now install custom ROMs, format partitions, install custom recovery, and much more.