In this article,we will show that how to install LineageOS CyanogenMod without losing Data.Lineage OS is newly released OS after the death of CyanogenMod.We can also say that LineageOS is the new avatar of CyanogenMOD.
So, if your device is still currently running on CyanogenMod then, you can comfortably migrate from Cyanogenmod to LineageOS without losing any data or any application of your android device. Like if your device is running on CyanogenMOD 13 then you have to download LineageOS 13 for your device and if your device is currently running on CyanogenMOD 14.1 then you have to download LineageOS 14.1 for your device.
- A CyanogenMod running android device.
- Download LineageOS builds from above.
- A custom recovery like TWRP or CWM must be installed.
- You mobile must be fully charged.
Gammerson.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to update CyanogenMod to LineageOS without losing Data
- First, download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM and Nougat Gapps file to your device’s internal storage.
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- In TWRP menu, tap on install and select internal storage as a source.
- Now select experimental zip which you have download from above.
- Tap on yes, and wait until the installation gets done.
- After that, reboot your smartphone.
- Now check if your all data is migrated successfully.
- After that again go to TWRP menu and install weekly LineageOS build update, just like experimental zip.
- Now after that, flash gapps as well.
- Done !
If you have any queries related to the content, feel free to ask in comments section.