But now you don’t need to do these kind of stuff by sitting in front of your PC, as you can now control your pc by either sending a sms or using internet from your mobile. This is possible due to a revolutionary software named as TweetMyPc. Suppose you are downloading a file and it will take 1 hour to download the file and meanwhile you went out due to some work and would return home after 3-4 hours. Now you don’t need to worry about shutting down the computer, just sms shutdown command to your computer after 1 hour and it will get shutdown.
TweetTMyPc checks your tweets at your twitter account and then carry-out the relative action. For this software to work you must own a twitter and gmail account.
- Download it from http://tweetmypc.codeplex.com and install it.
- Start TweetMyPc.
- Fill in the relevant details like your twitter username and password and your gmail username and password.
*Dont worry about your passwords Tweetmypc does not reveal them to anyone*
- After that click Save & Hide button.
- Now it will automatically keep checking your Twitter account for any updates.
- Just tweet any of the command mentioned at http://tweetmypc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Commands and it will automatically take the relevant action mentioned against it.
- Now you can tweet on Twitter either via your mobile internet or using sms . Twitter provides us an option to tweet using sms. Visit http://support.twitter.com/articles/14226-how-to-find-your-twitter-short-long-code
- As soon as you tweet the command at twitter, TweetMyPc will automatically catch the command and will carry out the required action.
- You can even use mobile internet to tweet, if you don’t want to use sms option.
- The best thing is that we can even add our own custom commands by selecting custom commands under settings option.
So what are you waiting for go out and enjoy.Now you need not to worry about your computer while you are away. Kindly share your views about it.