Finally, the Poco F1 (beryllium) has started getting the unofficial Lineage OS 16. However, this is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Poco F1 (beryllium) based on Android 9.0 Pie. We are thankful to developer xda dev for the Lineage os rom for Poco F1 (beryllium). Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Poco F1 (beryllium) user then you should try out the unofficial Lineageos 16 On Poco F1 (beryllium).
Lineage OS 16 Features | Pie 9.0:
1. New Gesture Navigation
The Digital Wellbeing part of Android will be one of its most interesting feature in lineageos 16. This is a suite of features Google has designed to help you see how often you use your phone, and what apps you spend the most time in. Like many times they lock the device etc. The users will be able to get the amount of time they are spending on different apps and will also get to set timers on such apps that happen to be addictive.
So above are some great features that come with lineage os 16 and you can start using these feature on your Poco F1 (beryllium) by installing lineage os 16 by upgrading to newer version of Android i.e Android 9.0.
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:1. Your Poco F1 (beryllium) should be root and twrp recovery should be installed.2. Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
3. Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
4. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Poco F1 (beryllium)
How to Install Lineage OS 16 On Poco F1 (beryllium) | Android 9.0 Pie
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie 9.0 ROM and Gapps for lineage OS 16 in your Poco F1 (beryllium).
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
see also: How to Install Gapps via TWRP
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage OS 16 Android Pie 9.0 ROM .zip file and gapps for Android Pie 9.0 that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.
Refer to the video for full step by step guide on how to install lineage os 16 on Poco F1 (beryllium).
Related: How to Root Lineage os 16
Once the installation process is done, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie 9.0. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Poco F1 (beryllium)