Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM On Google Nexus 5: Android 8.0 Oreo was recently released by Google and the OTA is already rolling out for the Pixel and Nexus devices which have traditionally been the first batch of devices to get the latest update to Android’s newest version. However, people have relied on custom ROMs to get the latest version of Android for their devices as well. One such device which has got an Android Oreo supported custom ROM is the Nexus 5. Although, being a Nexus device its support has ended from past couple of years but that has not stopped the device from getting the latest updates and same is the case now. Download Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Nexus 5 from the download links given below.
So we have mentioned the steps to install the Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for the Nexus 5. Note that this is an early development ROM so bugs are expected to be found so make sure to install it on your daily driver if you know the risks involved.
- The known bugs for the ROM include everything other than WiFi which works just fine.
Download Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Nexus 5
- Download Android 8.0 AOSP ROM for Nexus 5 – Download
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Nexus 5
- Make sure to download all the files mentioned in the Downloads section to proceed
- After that, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power Button. Make sure to hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see TWRP logo
- Now take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
Now, as we have mentioned earlier in the Known bugs section, only the WiFi works on this current build so you may want to wait for the later updates for this ROM.