If you are facing low audio call volume on lineage os or on cm14 rom based on android nougat 7.1.1 roms. After updating to the 02-21 weekly, the volume of media has dropped and is capped to a low value. Various others have testified that this has caused alarms to not be effective, music to be too quiet, etc.
Some have speculated that it is due to a recent change in audio_platform_info.xml, which adjusted the audio levels, or the CAF merges that happened after 02-13.
Perhaps these changes were done to stop the notification volume being too loud, as it was before, but unfortunately media audio suffers as a result. Wouldn’t the best solution be to reduce the minimum audio volume, and increase the maximum? The volume warning should prevent against accidentally making it too loud.
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.Also take nandroid backup before installing
Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
How To Fix Low audio volume on lineage os
- Download and transfer the Lineageos low audio Fix.zip to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineageos low audio Fix.zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the Lineageos low audio Fix.zip flash process. This may take some time.
- Once your Lineageos low audio Fix.zip is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you face any problem feel free to share in the comments.
6 thoughts on “How to Fix Low Audio Volume is Lineage os or CM 14 Roms”
thanks-a-ton brother……i’m very happy on getting my sounds back!
Will this work for unofficial Lineage OS too?
will this work on galaxy s3 which has linageos 14 ?
Used this on my Galaxy S4 and it made my phone have no sound on either end of my calls. Wasted my whole Sunday with this trying to get my phone working before leaving for work! NOT impressed! My advice is to stay away from this fixed, link should be removed ASAP!
Works perfect on my SM- N900 with Lineage 14.1