Xiaomi starts rolling out the latest MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for its device.Some devices already get the update and we already made a article for it.The devices didnot get the update. The company in the previous update 8.1 gave android Nougat to its device.Its been also rumored that MIUI 9 OTA update Android 7.0 Nougat based will be ready soon for their device, As of know you can download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM from download section for your device.
There are many new features that are updated and fixed performance bugs.In it you will find many changes such as change in toggle and so onYou will find new design and the dual app supportt for most of the appsThere is an optimizination also.So,Today in this article Gammerson will tell you the changelog of MIUI 8.2.,After that supported devices and at last the steps of downloading it.
MIUI 8.2 Changelog
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
– New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
– Get full control over automated tasks
– Brand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
- Redmi 2 prime
- Redmi 3 prime
- Redmi note prime
Gammerson.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This method is only for the selective Xiaomi devices which are listed above.Donot try it on any other device.
- It is advisable to take a backup of your device before proceeding further.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 70-80% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
|Redmi 2 Prime||Download – Fastboot Download – Recovery|
|Redmi 3/Prime||Download – Fastboot Download – Recovery|
|Redmi Note Prime||Download – Fastboot Download – Recovery|
Install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Devices
- Download the latest MIUI ROM file from download section.There is no need to do it again if you’ve already downloaded the latest ROM file.
- Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
- Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device：
MIUI 6/7/8：Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
MIUI V5：Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.
- After choosing the right ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.
- If you see the following image after rebooting, it means that you have succeeded in flashing MIUI ROM.If Still any queries left in your mind,feel free to ask us in the comment section.