This update is officialy released by HTC and the bulid no. of this update is 2.18.617.1. .This update is rolling out via OTA (Over-the-air) and will reach you region wise so it may depend on your country when you will get the update. The update has been started to be rolling out from yesterday and will current update is available in the US. If your device is n’t rooted then you can check for OTA update by Going to settings > About device > System Update. If the update is listed there, then go ahead and install it.
1.Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process.
2.Install Right USB Driver for your device On your PC->USB Drivers/ Htc Drivers
3.Bootloader should be Unlocked
4.Mke sure you have the stock recovery
5.Make sure you have ADB driver installed and properly working.
All the above requirements are very important & you have to do them all.
How TO INSTALL HTC ONE A9 ANDROID NOUGAT 7.0 OTA 2.18.617.1
- Set Up HTC USB DriversOn Your PC
- Then setup ADB & fast boot On Your Computer.
- Then download the OTA file from the download section.
- Connect your device to Computer and Trust the connection by checking “Always allow from this computer”
- Put the downloaded OTA Firmware file inside the Fastboot folder
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder.hold the shift key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select“Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window
- Then boot your device into bootloader mode by issuing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now issue the following command to check ADB Connection
- Then run the following command to Install the OTA Update Firmware file
adb sideload <filename.zip>
- Once the installation is completed, reboot your device by running below command
- Done!!! You have successfully updated HTC One A9 to Android Nougat.
Download – https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53pV_Dn96x1aDJZU2l5MWdmeFk/view