If you own Redmi 2 or Redmi 2 prime and want to update your android version of mobile then today we are going to tell how you can do it. We are providing very easy steps so that our readers can’t face any issue while flashing the rom .
So as we all know that redmi 2 and redmi 2 prime was very powerful and budget smartphone and we all the users who own this mobile really love this mobile. And we all rom lovers want to keep our smartphone up to date with all latest software and application and even the android version so we keep flashing any custom rom. So today we are going to tell you How to update Your Redmi 2/Prime Android OS to Android 7.0 Nougat which is latest version of android.
We must thank to Senior XDA developer Anand More to release this wonderful rom to Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime Users. So let’s started.
- This nougat Custom ROM is for Xiaomi redmi 2/ Prime only and do not attempt to flash it on the other device.
- There must be above 50% of battery.
- There must be Minimum 4Gb of area out there on your smartphone.
- A USB cable and pc is needed.
How to update Redmi 2/Prime to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download the Android nougat 7.0 update file from here.
- You have to download the file in PC or lappy.
- Now connect your redmi 2 /Prime to your pc with the help of USB cable.
- Now copy the downloaded file in SD card of your mobile.
- Now once you copy the file disconnect it.
- Now boot your mobile into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up and power button at the same time.
- Once you reach the recovery mode, you will see many options there.
- Now do these things
- Wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache
- Now go to install
- Now choose the file which we have pasted in SD card of mobile
- Swipe to flash
- As soon as you swipe, the installation will start
- After installation reboot your device
- DONE !
Note: First boot will take some time, so you have to wait for couples of minutes.