Download and install android nougat 7.0 rom for Motorola Moto X Play [lux].This android nougat rom is based on AOSP [Android Open Source Project].So here is good news for Moto X play users now they can update Moto X play gen to Android nougat 7.0 by installing unofficial cm14 rom on it.
Thanks to Xda dev GtrCraft, for building first unofficial cm14 rom for Moto X Play.So if you want to upgrade your moto g from lollipop or marshmallow to Android nougat 7.0 then you can download Android nougat 7.0 rom from below link and flash the Gapps for cm14 on it.
- This ROM is work on Motorola Moto X play.
- You can check the bugs report from here.
- Always take backup of your data before flashing any custom rom.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed on your device (Recommended recovery is TWRP ).
Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Moto X Play requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further, you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone, and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
#How to install Nougat 7.0 rom on Moto X Play
1) Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
2) Download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM and Gapps 7.0 from below and copy it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode.Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
7) Done! Now enjoy Android nougat 7.0 on Moto X Play
For more updated links and screenshots you can follow source link here.