Today we are going to guide you in how to install Maru OS rom on Nexus 5 Hammerhead for both D820 and D821 models with 16GB or 32GB storage are supported.And how to use it on any LCD or LED screen that supports HDMI (TV also works).This is the new revolutionary rom ever created for any device and the first device to get it is Nexus 5 but soon you can download maru rom for other devices.
So lets Start the step by step tutorial on How to Install TWRP recovery in Nexus 5.Before starting make sure you read the requirements carefully.
3.Download Mfastboot.zip and extract in on Desktop
#How to flash TWRP recovery in Nexus 5
1.Download TWRP recovery for Nexus 5 and place it in the Mfastboot folder that your exacted earlier.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlockfastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-hammerhead.img
8.Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot
Now next step is installing Maru rom on Nexus 5 (hammerhead) follow below guide on How to install Maru os on Nexus 5.
#How to install Maru OS on Nexus 5
- Now download Maru os.zip from here and copy it in your device.
- Now power off your phone now.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power, all at the same time.
– release the buttons only when the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode menu appears.
- use one of the Volume buttons to change the START text to Recovery Mode.
- when Recovery Mode option is listed in the above part of the Fastboot Mode menu you can press Power.Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- Tap “Install” and then select Maru update zip (you may need to scroll down)
- Swipe right to confirm flash of Maru
- Hit back till you are at the main screen, then “Wipe”
- Swipe right to Factory Reset (this will still keep your back-ups on your sdcard)
- Tap “Reboot System”
Tip: You may be asked to install SuperSU to root your device. If you know what rooting your device means and want to have it rooted then go ahead. Otherwise, it’s best to tap “Do Not Install”.
Now everything is set you just need to connect your device with your TV or any LCD or LED Sceen.Follow this guide on How to connect Nexus 5 with Maru os on any Screen (TV)