This device is also in the list of official Motorola Devices getting android marshmallow 6.0.So lest start the guide on How to install Official Marshmallow 6.0 OTA file:Filename : Blur_Version.24.11.18.lux_retasia_ds.retasiaall.en .03.zip
#Download Official Marshmallow 6.0 OTA zip file for Moto X Play
Just Save the downloaded file to Root of SD Card [External Memory Card
and not Internal Memory] and go to Settings –> About Phone –>
System Updates. Update will be auto recognized and user will be prompted
to apply update. In case update is not recognized and do not get any
update prompt, then try Method 02.
►Method 02 :
- With the phone powered off,
press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same
time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight “Recovery mode”
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
- You’ll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
- Phone will auto reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Using Volume Down Button highlight Apply update from SD Card and press Power Button.
- From the contents of SD Card Listed, using Volume Up / Down button select dowloaded .zip File and press Power Button.