Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 3T (Guide).If you own OnePlus 3T and want to experience something new like flashing rom and want to install some apps and you want to access to some files which are locked by manufacturer so for that you have to root your device and for that you have to unlock the bootloader and if you want to install stocks rom and custom rom then you also have to install custom recovery like TWRP so in this guide we are providing the guide on How to Root,Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery in Oneplus 3T.
Like OnePlus three, also OnePlus 3T is additionally a developer friendly device. Tech-savvy users will simply unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and root their OnePlus 3T, however with caution. additionally, unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus 3T won’t void warrantee, wiping the info although. Also, note that since OnePlus 3T stock boot image has dm-verity, you may unable to flash TWRP recovery straightway.
Before installing custom recovery and want to root your mobile so for that first of all you have to save the all your important data and apps before you go to further steps. this TWRP is not official for oneplus 3T this is modified version by XDA and unlocking bootloader will remove the warranty of your device.
- Install all the drivers of ONEPLUS 3T in your PC or Lappy.
- ADB and fastboot must be installed on your PC/Lappy.
- Backup your important files and data and apps.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T
- First of all you have to enable USB Debugging option and OEM unlock option in your device to do so go to setting then about phone then tap on build number 7-8 time then developer option will be enabled and then you can check the USB debugging and OEM options.
- Now connect your mobile to PC Then open ADB folder and open CMD in ADB folder
- Type The following command in Command Prompt.
- adb reboot bootloader
- As soon as you type these command your device will go into fastboot mode now type the following command in CMD.
- fastboot devices
- Now again type this command it will wipe your mobile and will unlock the bootloader
- fastboot oem unlock
- Done ! you have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3T
- Do not disable USB Debugging option if you have disable it then enable it again.
- Now first of all download the TWRP recovery from Here and paste into ADB folder.
- Now again goto ADB folder and open the CMD and type these commands one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
4.After you type all these commands your phone will installed the TWRP recovery.
How to Root One Plus 3T
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode
- Now download Dm-verity and forced encryption disabler’ for OnePlus 3T from here
- Now, without leaving TWRP, transfer the ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt zip’ file (you have downloaded earlier) to your device over MTP and flash it (use Install option) in TWRP.
- Now in the TWRP recovery mode do wipe data factory reset it will delete all your data from the mobiles.
- Download the Supersu file from here
- Now without leaving TWRP transfer the supersu in your mobile from PC
- Now tap on install and select the supersu file.
- DONE !!
Source : XDA