Now you can upgrade HTC One M8 to official Android Nougat 7.1 via Cm14.1.Thanks to Cyanogenmod team for the official nightly of CM 14.1 rom for HTC One M8 [hiaeul].HTC already stopped official support of software update forHTC One M8.
Cyanogenmod roms are the most popular in custom roms due to its functionality. CM14.1 is based on the latest android 7.1 Nougat AOSP ROM.
Note that this is the official cm14.1 rom for HTC One M8 and this is the first nightly so there might some features missing in this and also bug will there.You have to wait for some more time to get a stable version on Cm14.1 rom for HTC One M8.
Before installing any custom rom including this you have to first unlock bootloader of your device and you must install any recovery like TWRP or CWM before jumping to the installation guide.
- Backup all important data , apps , contacts and messages
- Charge your mobile phone upto 80%.
- Do not flash this rom on any other device than HTC One M8
- TWRP or CWM must be installed.
How to Install Android 7.1 on HTC One M8 Via CM 14.1.
- Download the CM 14.1 Rom and also download gapps from below.
- Copy both CM and Gapps in your Mobile’s SD Card.
- Now boot into Recovery mode to do so you have to press power button and volume up button at the same time.
- Once you reach the recovery mode you will see the many options like this.
- Now select Wipe and do Wipe data factory Reset and then do wipe cache partition.
- Now go back and tap on install and select your CM 14.1 file which you have copied in your SD card.
- Swipe to flash the CM file Wait until the installation got done.
- After the installation go back and again tap on Install
- Select Gapps 7.1 which you have copied in your SD Card.
- Now flash Gapps also and wait until the Gapps gets flashed.
- Go back and reboot Your device.
- DONE ! Enjoy
As this is AOSP based rom so you need to flash gapps 7.1 for cm14.1 also that you can download from the links above.
Congratulations ! you have successfully installed CM 14.1 on Your HTC One M8.