How to install Android nougat 7.1 manually on Samsung Galaxy S5 by flashing custom rom i.e., CyanogenMod 14.1 rom aka Cm 14.1 official.Samsungs Galaxy S5 is a 3-year-old device still undoubtfully a great device that is launched back in 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos Octa 5420 processor with 2GB of RAM. 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy S5 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2.1-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)and is powered by a 2800mAh removable battery.Its is upgraded from Android KitKat to Android lollipop and then marshmallow.Now you can manually update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to latest Android nougat 7.1.
Many of us hate the laggy Samsung’s touch wiz rom and the same old-school design.You can get the experience of stock Android by installing official cm14.1 rom on Galaxy S5.
Cyanogenmod teams started the official development of Android nougat rom i.e., cm14.1 for many devices in which Samsung Galaxy S5 is also included.There might be some bugs at first nightly but it will soon fix in upcoming updates.
- This ROM is work on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte/kltedv/kltespr/klteusc/kltevzw)
- There might be some bugs you can report below.
- Always take backup of your data before flashing any custom rom.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed on your device (Recommended recovery is TWRP ).
Installing a custom ROM on the Galaxy S5 requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data.
Before proceeding further, you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone, and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
How to install CM14.1 rom on Galaxy S5
- Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
- Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Cm14.1 ROM and Gapps 7.1 from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
- once your device enter into recovery mode.Create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- Done! Now enjoy Android nougat on Galaxy S5
- Download Nougat 7.1 Cm14.1 ROM for S5( klte /kltedv/kltespr/klteusc/kltevzw)
- Download Gapps 7.1 For cm14.1