How to install Cm13 rom on Honor 8 and install Android marshmallow on honor 8.We have already shown you how to root and install twrp recovery on Honor 8.So now you can install custom rom on your device.
The developer started working on a custom rom for Huawei Honor 8 and cm13.0 is the first custom rom for honor 8 that is built by Xda dev surdu_petru,so big thanks to him for cm13 rom.The cm13 rom for honor 8 is in beta version at the time of writing.So there are some bugs that might be fixed in the upcoming update.You can check for the bug list what’s working and what’s now from Xda forum.
Huawei Honor 8 is a beast device it comes with powerful processor and RAM. It has been launched on 2016, July it has 5.2-inch screen size and it comes with Marshmallow Preinstalled it comes with 4GB ram internal memory 32GB/64GB.
- This ROM is work on Huawei Honor 8
- You can check bugs report here.
- Always take backup of your data before flashing any custom rom.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed on your device (Recommended recovery is TWRP ).
- Download and install TWRP recovery on Honor 8
Installing a custom ROM on the Honor 8 requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data.
Before proceeding further, you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone, and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
How to install CM13 rom on Honor 8
- Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
- Download the Cm14 ROM based on marshmallow 6.0 and Gapps 6.0 from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
- once your device enter into recovery mode.Create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- Done! Now enjoy Android nougat on Honor 8