Wanted to root LeEco Le Max 2 (Gemini) safely? Then follow below step by step guide on how to root LeEco Le Max 2 by installing TWRP 3.0 recovery on it.LeEco Le Max 2 runs on latest Android marshmallow 6.0 out of the box.After rooting Max 2, you can install Xposed Installer and custom rom on it.
Credit for TWRP 3.0 recovery for Le Max 2 goes to Xda dev HostZero, for building a twrp recovery for leEco Le Max 2.So without wasting much time let’s start to guide on How to root LeEco Le Max 2.Note: We Gammerson.com is not liable for any damage to your device while rooting process so make sure to make the backup of your important data before starting.
- Download Minimal fast boot driver and extract on your desktop.
- Download TWRP recovery for LeEco Max 2.
- Download SuperSu.zip for LeEco Max 2.
- Backup your data and as usual charge your device up to 50%.
#How to Install Twrp Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2
- First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times and get back to setting to get the option.
- Now Connect your device with your PC or laptop and open Mfastboot folder that you extracted on your desktop earlier and also copy the recovery file in it and rename it to recovery.img.
- Now Press and Hold the shift key and right click on the mouse the in any blank space
in that folder you will see open command window here click on that.
adb reboot bootloader
Once your device is booted into fastboot mode enter below command in cmd.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Note :recovery.img is the name of the TWRP recovery that you downloaded above
steps so you can rename according to the name of the file that you
paste in the Mfastboot folder.
- You have successfully install TWRP recovery on your device.Now it’s time for root Max 2.
#How to root LeEco Le Max 2 using Super Su
- Now copy Super Su.zip file on your Root LeEco Le Max 2.
- Now reboot your device into twrp recovery mode.
- To boot your device into twrp recovery turn off your device and then press ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button simultaneously.
- Once you boot into TWRP recovery tap on Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Le Max 2.
- Swipe arrow to install SuperSu.zip once installation completed reboot your device.
- Done ! you have successfully root LeEco Le Max 2 and installed TWRP recovery on LeEco Le Max 2.
- You can check the root status by installing Root checker prom play store.