How to root T-mobile LG G5 H830 using TOT with TWRP built in.Now finally root is possible for LG G5 H830 on marshmallow 6.0.1 T-mobile.Thanks to Xda dev tungkick for providing twrp recovery for LG G5 Tmobile H830 and root access with all the required steps and files.After rooting and installing TWRP recovery you can install CM13 for LG G5 T-mobile once released officially and install Xposed installer also.
So let’s start the step by step guide on How to root LG G5 H830 T-mobile on marshmallow 6.0.1.Note: make a backup of your whole data and important file because unlocking bootloader will reset your device.before starting download required files from below link.
- LGUP FOR G5: – LGUP_Lab_Frame_Ver_1_11.msi
- Download LG G5 driver in your PC DLL H830: LGH830_DLL.msi
- Suppersu: Download
- Disable DM-verify: Download
- Download Mfastboot
- File TOT full add twrp H830: Download
Now Download and install LGUP software from the download section above, and also install the T-Mobile G5 driver file(LGH830_DLL.msi) as well on your PC.
#How to root LG G5 H830 on marshmallow
- Firstly you have to Unlock bootloader of your T-Mobile LG G5 to do this:
- Enable developer options on your device by taping 7 times on Build Number from About phone Settings.
- Now open Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
Now open Mfastboot Folder and now Hold the shift key and right click on the mouse the in any black space in that folder you will see open command window here click on that.Now Command from will be open type the below code in that window.
- adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- Now after unlocking bootloader boot your T-Mobile G5 in Download Mode:
- Switch off your device
- Hold Volume UP button and connect the device to PC via USB cable (while holding the Vol UP button).
- Now Extract the LGH830AT-01-V10a-310-260-MAR-04-2016-ARB00+0FULLROOT.rar file and get LGH830AT-01-V10a-310-260-MAR-04-2016-ARB00+0FULLROOT.tot file.
- After extracting the file open the LGUP Tool for LG G5 software you installed on your PC Now Select Upgrade option -> Select the TOT file we extracted in Step 3 above -> then hit Start.
- Once TOT file is flashed successfully, reboot your device and connect it to you PC and transfer the SuperSU and DM-Verity disable zip files to your device.
- Now Boot your T-Mobile G5 into TWRP recovery that you flash just now 🙂
- Switch Off your device.
- Hold Power and Volume Down button together and soon as you see the LG logo, release the buttons for a moment and then press hold both the buttons again until you see the TWRP recovery screen
7.Flash SuperSU and DM-Verity disable zip files from TWRP recovery.
8.Now Reboot device enjoy root access on LG G5.
You have successfully root your Tmobile LG G5 running on android marshmallow.