and then custom Kernel in it.As few days back Samsung Galaxy Note 5 got official Marshmallow 6.0 Update and today we got the guide on How to root Galaxy Note 5 running on android marshmallow 6.0.
This Time you can’t get root access by only
flashing Super su from TWRP and if you do this your device will goes
into bootloop.Thanks to Xda Dev Manh_it for Compiling TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 5 for T-mobile and Sprint android marshmallow 6.0.So lets start the step by step guide on how to root Samsung galaxy note 5 on android marshmallow 6.0
#How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 5
1.Make sure you have TWRP recovery install in your device.
2.Downloads Custom Kernel KERNEL_N920T(2DOK5)-M_01.tar
3.Download Super SU.apk.
4.Download ODIN 3.10.7 for Note 5.
5.Download Samsung drivers.
6.Now Enable OEM unlock in your Note 5(Don’t Know how to do that follow below steps)
#How to Enable OEM unlock in Note 5:
- Go to Settings►About phone► tap “Build number” seven times to enable “Developer options”.
- Go back to main Settings page, scroll to bottom and select “Developer options” from there.
- Under Developer options, look for “Enable OEM unlock” check box and make sure you Check it or turn it ON.
7.Now Boot Samsung Note 5 into Download mode by following steps:
- Switch off your device .
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” simultaneously buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press “Volume Up” on the warning screen to enter into Download mode.
8.Now connect your device With
your Computer or laptop using USB cable.there you will see A message in
the ODIN showing ADDED! Message.It means your device is successfully
Connected to your PC.
9.Now Click on PA menu in
Odin and select the Kernel.tar you have downloaded from above link for
your device.And don’t change any setting in Option menu.
10.Now Click on Start Button in Odin and let the flashing Complete.Once Process completed it will Flash a Message on the computer screen as PASS.
11. Now your device will be rebooted again and Boot normally to the Home Screen.Done!.
12.Now install super Su.zip file from the recovery .Done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be rooted successfully you can check it by download root checker from playstore Cheers!